We are accepting applications for internships and freelance producers, editors and animators.
Click on the links below for details and submission instructions.
CREATIVE DIRECTOR - VIDEO AND ANIMATION
Do you have an eye for creativity and a passion for telling stories? Do you know video and animation inside and out? Are you a team leader that inspires other artists and filmmakers to produce excellent work?
Vidzu Media is looking to add a passionate Creative Director focused on video and animation to our St. Louis, MO, team. Our ideal candidate is an experienced director, writer, producer, and creative leader. You design and sell innovative concepts for video and animation. You know the video production process and how to set a team up for success. You are a player-coach, working in all aspects of pre-production, production, and post-production. You understand how to deliver moving content for our clients and internal partners, and you think globally. We play as a team at Vidzu Media with full integrity, so collaborating and innovating with other creatives is necessary. You also have a pulse on industry trends and are continually striving for self and team improvement. The Creative Director reports directly to the President of Vidzu Media.
Vidzu Media is a creative production studio with a big heart, immense talent, and big ideas working with some of the country’s top brands. Our innovative spirit drives everything we do. From advertising to episodic, brand films to branded content, social to interactive, we collaborate to develop fresh solutions for our clients. Our team is hungry for new talent. If you’re the right fit, you’ll love it here.
- Leading creative for our clients and internal video and animation projects
- Designing creative concepts and pitch decks for video projects
- Working with the biz-dev team to win work and create new opportunities
- Producing, directing, and writing/scripting original content for video projects
- Managing the creative work and team for all projects within specific budget parameters and production schedules
- Mentoring the creative team
- Sourcing and curating freelance talent
- Client and internal team communications, expectation setting, client satisfaction
- Field and studio production
- Video shooting, editing, and animating
- Minimum of 5 years of creative video production experience
- Excellent creative and technical depth across a variety of video production styles
- Leadership and mentorship skills
- Stellar reel, solid writing/scripting skills, ability to produce a video from concept to final delivery
- In addition to a regular 40 hour work week, occasional travel required, as well as some evenings and weekends
- A team player who fosters a culture of collaborating in a creative environment
- Excellent communicator and designer who possesses an ability to communicate visual ideas (written and verbal) to achieve buy-in and approval from both clients and team
- Excellent interviewing and directing skills who can assist clients to feel comfortable on-camera and mindfully obtain the content needed for use in post-production/editing
- Multi-tasker capable of gracefully handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience editing in Adobe Premiere
- Experience with motion graphics in Adobe After Effects
- Experience using online software project management platforms and the ability to learn new systems as needed
- Experience with all areas of video production
- Out of town travel (some international) for productions as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Please submit a Cover Letter, Resume, Script Samples, and links to Demo Reel to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Creative Director”.
- Ability to technically direct virtual events and captures
- Knowledge of the Livestream platform and it’s hardware/software
- Comfortable capturing pre-recorded content digitally via Zoom, Livestream, and comparable platforms
- Experience pushing out “Live” events via Vimeo, Youtube, Facebook, etc.
- Ability to direct virtually and be client liaison for projects
- Clear, effective communicator
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
- Ability to manage, organize, and edit digital media
- Proficiency as an editor in Adobe Premiere
- Familiarity with Adobe After Effects a plus
For consideration, a Cover Letter, Resume, and links to any relevant work should be submitted to email@example.com, with subject line; “Livestream Operator / Technical Director”.
FREELANCE / CONTRACT EDITOR
Can you put the pieces together? We are looking for talented editors who can find the heart of a story and make it look great at the same time. Partner with our St. Louis, MO team of producers, directors, and animators to take work to the next level.
Vidzu Media works with some of the top brands in the country. We are a full-service studio creating award-winning video and content applications for marketing, web, PR, training, events, fundraising, business development and more. Our team is hungry for new talent. If you’re the right fit, you’ll love it here.
Our ideal candidate knows the video production workflow and how to set a team up for success. Is experienced with the Adobe Creative Suite. Understands how to receive and implement feedback, and delivers the highest level of quality for our clients and internal partners. We play as a team at Vidzu Media with full integrity, so collaborating and innovating with other creatives is a must.
- Ability to take direction and work with producers and senior editors
- Organization and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative Suite
- 2-3 years experience in post production
For consideration, a Cover Letter, Resume, and links to any relevant work should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line; “Contract Editor”.
FREELANCE / CONTRACT
Vidzu Media is a collection of highly talented, dedicated and motivated storytellers and artists. We’re naturally proud of our team’s accomplishments, but we’re always on the lookout for new talent that can make our group even stronger, either as a contract partner or full time employee. If you’re looking to collaborate in a creative environment, tell us a bit about yourself, and we’ll consider opportunities to plug you in.
We're always looking for
- Editors / Assistant Editors
- Motion Designers / Animators (2D & 3D)
- Producer / Directors
- Audio / Sound
Drop us a line at email@example.com, and tell us a bit about yourself. Please put your specialty in the subject line and don’t forget links to your work so we can check out what you’ve done.